Bank I erased my student loans $ 60,000

 Bank I erased my student loans $ 60,000


Senator Elizabeth Warren has become one of the biggest supporters in Congress to make student loans more affordable for students.
So many students want to some act of God to remove a very large debt load. What happens when that dream come true? No regrets
Until that happens, I'm like most other people my age in the United States, which owes $ 1Tn majority of student loans: throwing away a sealed envelope, ignoring calls from unknown numbers, considering graduate school. Wondering when your life will begin - real life, where you are able to travel home for the holidays or vacation.
Not many people in my situation in the United States. In fact, I've never met anyone else who can say this: even though I was more than $ 60,000 in debt, the bank forgive my student loans.
Debt means regularly fantasize about floods, explosions, and comets - anything that would wipe the slate clean.
Bachelor's degree and I swept my hair, rubbing the head, and dropped the towel in a laundromat 45 hours a week. It was the same job I had in high school and college in the whole.
It did not start that way. Sure, I graduated from college in 2008 with $ 90,000 of debt, which includes that $ 60,000 bank loan along with $ 30,000 in government loans, but I was determined to find a job. For three months, I interviewed, temped, and working part-time before landing "full-time" work in the salon (I make $ 10 per hour and no benefits or sick days).
My personal loans along with angry calls and keep climbing the minimum payment. I do not have the income to pay what the bank insisted. Pay any bills outside the federal loan I would leave my move: can not save, take risks or survive an emergency.
Two weeks into my new position, Lehman Brothers collapsed and the market crashed. Three months after that, I started receiving bills in the mail.
I have two types of loans: bad, either. I got a government loan repayment plan viable, low interest rates, and the choice of patience.


So I paid the government loan and a personal neglect. Six years later, the government loan has been repaid. Bank loans taken a different route.
I do not know if I really believe I will be rid of my debt if I was patient - but after the bank threatened that I either pay $ 60,000 full immediately or sent to collections, desperate I forced me to figure out.
I took stock of the situation: since I have been using plastic to buy clothes for my work never landed, my credit score is already falling apart at the age of 21.
Shortly after graduating, I heard somewhere that your debt disappear after the statute of limitations on it runs out. Your credit score will be zero, but you will not have any more debt. For a long time, I hold this thought. It supported me through understanding and unemployment spells.
In 2013, I made enough money to start saving. I can begin to repay the loan, but where a collection agency who owned it had lost track of my last year. I'm not really on the hunt for them, either.
There is also the threat that I would be sued. I have zero assets and make less than $ 25,000 per year, so it does not bother me either. Instead of haggling with the bank, I continue to work, to advance my career, and dreams of a collection agency exploded and burned.
So I stuck with my debt, but not in the way I expected.

Comments